Table of contentsNo headers
Use the Family Editor to make changes to existing families or to create new families. The method you use for opening the Family Editor depends on what you want to do.
You use the Family Editor to create and edit loadable families and in-place elements. The tabs and panels change depending on the type of family that you are editing. You do not use the Family Editor to edit system families.
To edit a family from a project
To edit a loadable family outside a project
- Browse to the file containing the family, and click Open.
To create a loadable family from a template file
- Browse to the template file, and click Open.
To create an in-place element
- On the ribbon, click Model tabConceptual Mass panel (Create Mass).
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select the family category, and click OK.
- Enter a name for the in-place element family, and click OK.
To edit an in-place element