Use the Wheel menu to switch between the big and mini wheels that are available, go to the Home view, change the preferences of the current wheel, and control the behavior of the orbit, look, and walk 3D navigation tools. The menu items available on the Wheel menu are dependent on the current wheel and program.
The Wheel menu has the following options:
- Mini View Object Wheel. Displays the mini View Object wheel.
- Mini Tour Building Wheel. Displays the mini Tour Building wheel.
- Mini Full Navigation Wheel. Displays the mini Full Navigation wheel.
- Full Navigation Wheel. Displays the big Full Navigation wheel.
- Basic Wheels. Displays the big View Object or Tour Building wheel.
- Go Home. Goes to the Home view saved with the model.
- Fit to Window. Resizes and centers the current view to display all objects.
- Restore Original Center. Restores the center point of the view to the extents of the model.
- Orient to View. Orients the camera to match the view angle of the selected view (a plan, elevation, section, or 3D view).
- Orient to a Plane. Adapts the view according to a specific plane.
- Save View. Saves the current view orientation with a unique name.
NoteSave View only allows you to save a 3D view with a unique name when you are viewing the default 3D view. If you are viewing a previously saved orthographic 3D view or a perspective (camera) 3D view, the view is simply saved with the new orientation and you are not prompted to supply a unique name.
- Increase/Decrease Focal Length. Acts as a zoom lens on the model, because it changes the focal length of the camera in a perspective view.
- Move Crop Boundary. Moves the position of the crop boundary around in a perspective view.
- Re-center Crop Boundary. Repositions the crop boundary to the center of the perspective view.
- Help. Launches the online Help system and displays the topic about the wheels.
- Properties. Displays the dialog box where you can adjust the preferences for the wheels.
- Close Wheel. Closes the wheel.