Table of contentsNo headers
Import a massing study from design software (such as SketchUp) to an in-place mass in a Vasari project when you intend to use the design in one project only. Import the design into an external mass family when you plan to use it in multiple projects. (See Importing a Design to a Mass Family Outside a Project.)
To import a design to an in-place mass
- Use the design software to create the massing study.
- In Vasari, open the project in which you want to use the massing study, and open a 3D view.
- Model tabConceptual Mass panel (Create Mass)
- Import the file containing the design, as follows:
- Click Import (Import CAD).
For more information, see Import Options for CAD Formats and Vasari Models.
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the file to import.
- For Files of type, select the appropriate file type (such as DWG, SAT, or SKP).
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings.
The following settings are recommended:
- Colors: Preserve
- Layers: All
- Import Units: Auto-Detect
- Positioning: Auto - Origin to Origin
- Place at: Level 1 or Ref. Level
- Orient to View
See Import Options for CAD Formats and Vasari Models.
- Click Open.
To see the mass, you may need to type ZF (Zoom to Fit) to adjust the drawing area to show the entire mass.
- In the project, click (Finish Mass).