Table of contentsNo headers
To create 2 walls with a defined gap
- Click Modify tabModify panel (Split with Gap).
- On the Options Bar, specify the Joint Gap dimension.
NoteJoint Gap is limited to values between 1/16” and 1’ (Imperial).
- Move the cursor over the wall, and click to place the gap. The wall splits into 2 independent walls.
Joining walls that are split with a gap between them
When you select a wall that was created using Split with Gap, the Allow Join symbol displays in the drawing area. If desired, select Allow Join and drag the wall to the second wall to join them. Or, right-click and select Disallow Join. This allows the wall to rejoin with no gap.
- Select a wall that was created using Split with Gap.
- Click to unlock the dimension constraint.
- Select Drag Wall End (indicated by a blue circle on the selected wall), right-click, and click Allow Join.
- Select the other wall and repeat Steps 2-3.
- Select Drag Wall End and drag the wall to the other wall. The walls join.
Unjoining walls created using Split with Gap
- Move the cursor over 1 of the 2 walls that was created using Split with Gap. The wall highlights.
- Select the wall, right-click Drag Wall End (indicated by a blue circle on the selected wall), and click Select Disallow Join.
- Drag the wall apart from the wall to which it had been joined.