Table of contentsNo headers
When you upgrade a piping project from a previous version of Revit, you may need to specify the material for existing pipe segments. Follow the steps below for each pipe type in your project. When all pipe types have been updated, you will need to reapply the pipe type to the existing piping in your project.
Review and edit pipe segments for each pipe type
- Open a piping project.
- In the Project Browser, select a pipe type, right-click and click Type Properties.
- In the Type Properties dialog, for Routing Preferences, click Edit.
- In the Routing Preferences dialog, review each of the pipe segments listed and edit as needed. See Specifying Routing Preferences for Pipe.
Define a material for a pipe segment
- Create a new segment, and in the New Segment dialog, for Material, click Browse. See Specifying Segments and Sizes.
Reapply the pipe type
- In the Project Browser, select a pipe type, right-click and click Select All Instances > In Entire Project.
- On the Modify tab, click Reapply Type.
NoteSince pipe fittings do not have materials associated with them, they will have a different look from pipe segments.
ImportantWhen you reapply the pipe type, be sure to review your design for other changes that may have occurred.