Table of contentsNo headers
Use this procedure to create an instance of a system family or loadable family using the Project Browser. For information about creating an element from an instance in a project, see Copying Elements with the Create Similar Tool.
For detailed information about creating families and family elements, see The Families Guide.
To create an element from a family type
- Do one of the following:
- Select the family type in the Project Browser, and drag it to the drawing area.
- Select the family type in the Project Browser, right-click, and click Create Instance.
- In the Type Selector, select the type of element that you want to create.
The list displays the available family types first by family or subfamily and then by type, separated by a colon.
- On the Options Bar, specify any necessary values or selections.
- In the drawing area, click to place the element.
- Create another element, or click (Modify).