The navigation bar provides access to navigation tools, including Autodesk® ViewCube® and SteeringWheels. The navigation bar displays in the drawing area, along one of the sides of the current model’s window. The navigation bar is activated by default.
The navigation tools are organized into separate areas of the navigation bar and provide access to tools based on the currently active view (2D or 3D). You launch navigation tools by clicking one of the buttons on the navigation bar or selecting a tool from the drop-down at the bottom of the navigation bar.
To activate or deactivate the navigation bar, click Manage tabWindows panelUser Interface drop-down, and select or clear Navigation Bar.
Standard Navigation Bar
Navigation Bar with 3Dconnexion 3D Mouse Enabled
The following navigation tools are available from the navigation bar:
- ViewCube. Indicates the current orientation of a model and is used to reorient the current view of a model.
- SteeringWheels. Collection of wheels that offer rapid switching between specialized navigation tools.
- Pan Active View. Allows you to reposition the active view on a sheet by dragging the cursor to pan the view. This option is only available from an activated view on a sheet view. For more information, see Modifying a View on a Sheet.
- Zoom. Set of navigation tools for increasing or decreasing the magnification of the current view of a model.
- 3D Mouse. Reorient and navigate a model's view using a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse. This option is only available if a 3Dconnexion 3D mouse is installed.