Sun setting presets are predefined sun settings that give you easy access to dates and times of interest. Each solar study mode has key presets, such as solstices, equinoxes, and seasonal ranges. In addition, you can create your own presets, thereby saving specific sun settings for quick, repeatable access to dates and times of interest.
NoteWhen you create new presets, you can either start from scratch, or you can duplicate and edit an existing preset. The only exceptions are the In-session presets, which cannot be duplicated, renamed, or deleted.
Each solar study mode has an In-session preset. Using this preset, you can specify a temporary setting for the sun in the active view and see changes in shadow patterns. You can then save the sun setting as a user-defined preset.
To create a preset
- Open a 2D or 3D view that supports the display of shadows.
- On the View Control Bar, click Sun Path Off/OnSun Settings.
Or, click Manage tabSettings panelAdditional Settings drop-down Sun Settings.
- In the Sun Settings dialog, under Solar Study, select a mode.
- In the Presets list, select the In-session preset for the current mode.
- Under Settings, enter the values that you want to save as a preset.
Optionally, you can display the sun path and use its on-screen controls to position the sun for the preset. To do this, close the Sun Settings dialog, turn on the sun path, and position the sun in the drawing area. For Lighting mode, enter Azimuth and Altitude values using the on-screen controls, as you cannot drag the sun to adjust its position in Lighting mode. Then, reopen the dialog and complete the remaining steps in this procedure.
- Click Save Settings.
- In the Name dialog, enter a unique name for the preset, and click OK.
The new preset is added at the end of the Presets list.
- Click OK.
To apply a preset
To edit a preset
To duplicate a preset
To rename a preset
To delete a preset