To select more than one element, use one of the following methods:
- While pressing Ctrl, click each of the elements.
NoteIf you are selecting multiple elements and need to use the Tab key to select an element in close proximity to others, do not hold the Ctrl key while pressing Tab.
- Draw a selection box by placing the cursor on one side of the elements to be selected and dragging it diagonally to form a rectangular boundary.
- To select only elements that are completely within the boundary of the selection box, drag the cursor from left to right.
- To select any elements that are wholly or partially within the boundary of the selection box, drag the cursor from right to left.
- Press Tab to highlight connected elements, and then click to select.
- Use the Select All Instances tool to select all instances of an element or family type in your project or view. See Selecting All Instances.