Table of contentsNo headers
Goal: Learn about Dynamo user interface concepts, placement of nodes, creating new wires and removing/remapping existing wires
- Launch Vasari.
- Click > New > Family> Mass.rft
- Go to Add-ins tab and launch Dynamo
- From the Dynamo File Menu, go to File/Samples/ 1. Create Point
- Notice a few nodes (Number, XYZ and Ref Point) in the workspace. Run to create a single Reference Point at 0,0,0.
- Select and move nodes by using the left mouse button, the right mouse button to delete
- Now we will learn how to re-wire the workspace to add more inputs:
- From the Component Bar, find the Number node by searching or expanding the Primitives Group
- Drag and drop a Number node into the Workspace
- Find the Number Slider node and add that as well
- On the XYZ node, select the end of the wire connecting to the Y port. Drag it off into space to disconnect. Do the same for the Z port.
- Connect the new Number node to the Y port and the Number Slider node to the Z port.
- Now we are ready to re-run the workspace. Turn on Run Automatically checkbox and press Run. Notice a Reference Point has now been placed in the Revit view.
- Now experiment with dragging the Number Slider input, notice the Reference Point moves up and down in the model view. Dynamo is automatically updating the Revit model via the Revit API as you make modifications to the visual programming workspace.