To place a model group
To place a detail group
- Click Annotate tabDetail panelDetail Group drop-down (Place Detail Group).
- In the Type Selector, select the detail group type to place.
- Click in the drawing area to place the group.
To place a model or detail group from the Project Browser
- In the Project Browser, expand GroupsModel or Detail.
- Drag the model or detail group to place in the drawing area.
Alternatively, right-click a group name in the Project Browser and click Create Instance. Click in the drawing area to place instances of the group. When you are finished placing groups, click Modify on the ribbon.
NoteAttached detail groups cannot be dragged from the Project Browser into the drawing area.
To place an attached detail group
- Place an instance of a model group that has a detail group associated with it.
NoteAttached detail groups can only be placed in the view type in which they were created: plans or section/elevation views. They cannot be placed in 3D views. The Project Browser indicates the type of view that an attached detail group can be placed in and to which model group it is attached.
- Select the model group or multiple instances of the same model group.
This model group must already have an attached detail group defined for it.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tabGroup panel (Attached Detail Groups).
- In the Attached Detail Group Placement dialog, select the detail groups to display, or clear the detail groups to hide in the current view.
- Click OK.