You can add a relationship between any two workspace items on your PLM 360 site using the Relationships tab. Related items can be in the same or other workspaces. Permalink
In this topic:
About Item Relationships
Item relationships are similar to linked items. The difference is that item relationships can be bi-directional as well as uni-directional. Because of this feature, you typically use item relationships to cross-reference sibling items. For example, you can add an item relationship to cross-reference two different but related customers in a Customers workspace. For quick access from one related item to another, items are added to the Relationships tab as links.
View Item Relationships
You view the active item's relationships by opening the Relationships tab.
Your Administrator can change the name of the Relationships
tab to something more meaningful to your tenant (for example, Related Customers
in a Customers
workspace). If you don't see the Relationships
tab in a workspace, it could be that your Administrator has not enabled the tab or that you do not have the required permissions. If you're not sure and need help, contact your PLM 360
To view the active item's relationships:
- On the Workspace Page, click the Relationships tab.
- To open a related item, click the Item link.
- To preview item details, mouse over the link.
Add Item Relationships
- On the Relationships tab, click Add.
The Add Items to Relationships window opens.
To add existing items:
1. Start typing search terms and/or select the items in the results list by clicking the corresponding check boxes. To clear a selection, click the check box again.
TipTo select a group of items listed in sequence, click the first item, press and hold down the Shift key, and then click the last item. To select a group of items that are not in sequence, press and hold down the Ctrl key, and then click each item that you want to select. To clear a selected item, click the item again.
2. Click Next
To create and add new items:
1. Click Create New
2. Select the workspace where you want to add the new item.
3. Enter the item Name.
4. Click Save & Add. To create another item, click Save & New.
5. In the Add Items to Relationships window, click Next.
- Select each item's Direction Type: Uni-Directional or Bi-Directional.
- Optionally enter a Description for each item.
- To add all selected and created items, click Save & Exit.
Edit Item Relationships
- On the Relationships tab, click Edit.
- Make edits as needed and click Save.
Delete Item Relationships
To delete an item in the Relationships tab, select its check box in the Delete column and click the icon.
For Administrators: Enable Item Relationships in a Workspace
To enable adding items to the Relationships tab in a given workspace, do the following:
Set up permissions:
- Create a user role for the workspace and add Relationships permissions to it as needed (View, Add, Edit, Delete).
- Create a user group for users who need those permissions.
- Assign the user group to the role you created in step 1.
For more help, see About Permissions and Set up Permissions.
Set up the required Workspace Relationships for the tab:
- To enable adding Item Relationships between an item in a given workspace and items in the same or other workspaces, set up a relationship in the workspace between its Relationships tab and items in each of the target workspaces, including the same workspace.
For example, to enable adding Item Relationships between a customer in a Customers workspace and other customers in the workspace, set up a relationship in the Customers workspace between the Relationships tab and items in the Customers workspace.
For more help, see Add Workspace Relationships.