Table of contentsNo headers
Text expressions are useful for formatting the results of text-related queries, for example, in tables.
To create a text expression
- Select the command for which you want to create an expression.
- In the expression area, do one of the following:
- Enter a text function manually.
- Click and select the function you want.
- Click . In the list, select the property for the function.
- Specify any arguments required by the function, enclosed in single quotation marks.
For example, if you are padding the right side of a text string with two asterisks, the expression looks like this one:
For text expressions, the property is within parentheses, followed by any arguments within single quotation marks.
If you are translating a text string from mixed case to lowercase, the expression looks like this one:
- Specify any further conditions for the expression.
To create a complex property evaluation, insert an AND or OR operator, and then insert another operator, property, and value combination.
For help with any expression element, see Creating Expressions - Reference.
- Click to apply the expression.