Read an overview of the installation process, and learn about configuration options.
For technical issues, please contact Product Support by posting questions to the Inventor Installation/Licensing Discussion Group (click New Message - think it needs emphasis by standout color). You can also search the Product Support blog for Autodesk Inventor installation and licensing issues, and add comments (click the Comments widget at the end of any issue).
Locate additional Product Support resources: http://www.autodesk.com/inventorseries-support
Topics you can find in this section
Create a Default Deployment
If you do not plan to customize your deployment, you can create a default deployment.
The following procedure illustrates how quickly you can set up a default deployment using the deployment wizard. This procedure illustrates a single-server network deployment using a Typical installation with no customizations. For information about customizing product configurations in a deployment, see Create a Custom Deployment.
To create a deployment using default settings
- Start the AutoCAD Installation wizard.
- On the initial page, select a language for the deployment instructions. Click Create Deployments.
- On the Begin Deployment page, specify the following:
- Administrative Image Field. Enter or locate the path to the shared network location where you want to create and store your administrative image. Users install the program from this location.
- Deployment Name Field. Enter the new deployment's name. This name is used for the shortcut from which users will install the product.
- This is to be a: Select either 32-bit or 64-bit for your target operating system.
- On the Select the Products to Include in the Deployment page, select the products, and language to include in your deployment. Click Next.
- Review the Autodesk software license agreement. Click I Accept, and then click Next.
- On the User and Product Information page, enter your user information, serial number, and product key. Click Next.
WarningAfter you click Next, you cannot change the information entered on the this page unless you uninstall the product.
- On the General Deployment Settings page specify whether to
- Create a network log file. Specify the log file’s location by entering either a valid UNC (universal naming convention) path or a hard-coded path on your network.
NoteThe folder that contains the network log file must be a shared folder for which users who install the program have Change permissions. Otherwise, successes or failures for user installations cannot be written to the log file.
- Create a client log file.
- Run the installation in silent mode to prevent users from changing installation settings.
For more information on log files, see Creating Log Files. For more information on silent mode, see What Is Silent Mode?.
- On the Create Deployment page, click Create Deployment. Click Yes to continue creating the deployment using the default configuration.
An administrative image is created in your shared folder using the deployment options listed in Current Settings. To retain a copy of your deployment settings, click Copy to Clipboard.
- On the Deployment Complete page, click Finish.