Table of contentsNo headers
You can export Inventor Fusion parts and assemblies to other CAD system formats. The export operation for part and assembly files creates files as if they were created in the native CAD system format. The use of the exported files in the native CAD system is typically seamless.
The export operation does not maintain associativity with the Inventor Fusion file. Changes to the Inventor Fusion file after the export operation do not affect the exported part or assembly. Likewise, changes to the exported part or assembly do not affect the Inventor Fusion file.
Export Data to Other Formats
You can export solid data in the following file formats:
- Autodesk Shape Manager SAT
You can export viewing and faceted data in the following file formats:
To export an Inventor Fusion file to another file format
- Expand the Application Menu then select Export
- In Export dialog box, select the appropriate file type from the list.
- Enter the file name. If you do not enter a file name extension, the file is saved with the extension of the selected file type.
- Click Save to export the Inventor Fusion data to the file.