Table of contentsNo headers
When creating a deployment to install Revit on end user computers, you can configure the user interface for each group of users based on discipline (such as architecture or structural engineering). During deployment creation, use one of the following methods:
- Use the Select Discipline option to specify the discipline for the deployment.
- Use a custom Revit.ini file to achieve more granular control.
To prepare a custom Revit.ini file
- Perform a stand-alone installation of Revit.
- For that installation, define the settings that you want to use in the deployment.
You can define the settings directly in Revit.ini, or open the Revit software and use the Options dialog to define them as desired.
To control tools and analysis features of the user interface, use these settings:
- Control the user interface by discipline. In the [UserInterface] section of the Revit.ini file, define DisciplineOption as an integer. For the integer value, use the Options dialog > User Interface tab to define the options as desired, and then check the value of DisciplineOption in Revit.ini. As an alternative, use the value generated by the User Interface Configuration Calculator.
- Lock the user interface discipline options, so that users cannot change them using the Revit interface. In the [UserInterface] section of the Revit.ini file, define LockDisciplineOption as 1.
The DisciplineOption and LockDisciplineOption settings apply only to Revit
in the Autodesk Building Design Suite
. They do not apply to Revit Architecture
, Revit MEP
, or Revit Structure
To create a deployment that uses a custom Revit.ini file
- Create a custom deployment as described in the Revit Network Administrator's Guide.
- During that process, on the Create Deployment > Configuration page, click Revit to open the configuration panel.
- Under , select .
- Browse to the customized Revit.ini file, select it, and click the button.
If Revit.ini specifies values for DisciplineOption and paths in the Directories section, the option and the option (under ) are disabled.
NoteThe Username value specified in the Options dialog > General tab is not migrated to the deployment.
- Finish creating the deployment
You can then use this deployment to install Revit on target computers with the specified settings.