Table of contentsNo headers
You sketch a profile using lines, dimensions, and reference planes. After you save the profile family, you can load it and apply it to solid geometry in the project.
- Click > New > Family.
- In the New Family - Select Template File dialog, select a the Profile.rft template, and click Open.
A plan view opens that includes 2 reference planes. There are no other views available in which to sketch geometry.
- If necessary, sketch reference planes for constraining the lines in the profile.
- Click Home tab > Detail panel > Line, and sketch the profile loop.
- If necessary, click Home tab > Detail panel > Detail Component to place a detail component into the profile family.
Tip: You can change the sorting order of any detail components in the family by using the detail component draw order tools.
- To specify the detail at which the profile family displays in the project, select any of the lines of the profile sketch, and click Modify Lines tab > Visibility panel > Visibility Settings.
- Select the desired detail levels (Fine, Medium, or Coarse), and click OK.
Tip: You can specify the detail level for detail components using the same methods.
- On the properties palette, define the Profile Usage.
For example, if you are creating a mullion profile, select Mullion.
Note: This setting ensures that only relevant profiles are listed when using profiles within a project. For example, when selecting a mullion profile, stair nosing profiles do not display or when selecting slab edges, gutter profiles do not display.
- Click OK.
- Add any dimensions required.
- Save the family.