Table of contentsNo headers
Need to measure the total length of multiple (chained) detail lines? This can’t be done in Revit by default, but you can use this handy trick:
- Hover your cursor over one detail line and press Tab to highlight the entire chain of detail lines.
- Select the chain, and in the Edit panel of the Modify | Lines tab, click Convert Lines to change them into model lines—which can be measured.
- In the Modify panel of the Home tab, click Measure Along an Element.
- Hover over a line segment, click Tab to highlight the chain again, and select it.
- The total length of the chain is shown in the Options Bar.
- Repeat steps 1. and 2. to convert the model lines back to detail lines.
This tip was contributed by Trey Klein.